NEXSOY® SOLVENT-FREE, LOW-FAT SOY FLOUR
Nexsoy® Solvent-Free soy ingredients can be incorporated in food manufacturing
applications to provide a variety of functional improvements including increased
soy protein content, reduced carbohydrate content, reduced oil absorption in
fried foods, improved water uptake and retention, and improved emulsification.
The unique Nexsoy® process is totally solvent-free, yielding a product line
that is free of the "soy" taste that some consumers find unpalatable, and has
challenged product development personnel for years. Traditionally, most soy
ingredients are produced using a chemical solvent called hexane. This method
is believed to be responsible for the "grassy" or "beany" flavor that has
historically slowed the acceptance soyfoods. The Nexsoy® processing method
is entirely mechanical and requires no chemicals such as hexane. This process
is responsible for very neutral-tasting naturally-produced soy ingredients
that can be used by food manufacturers without negatively impacting the
flavor of their product.
Applications for Nexsoy® Low-Fat Soy Flour include:
- Breads, cookies, crackers, donuts, muffins and general bakery applications
- Nutritional snack, sport, and meal replacement bars
- Nutritional beverages
- Snack foods
- Processed meat products
Nexsoy® Low-Fat Solvent-Free Soy Flour products are available in the following
varieties (click for PDF specification sheet):
- Nexsoy® Low-Fat Natural - made with conventional soybeans
- Nexsoy® Low-Fat Non-GMO - made from identity-preserved, certified Non-GMO soybeans
- Nexsoy® Low-Fat Organic - made from identity-preserved, certified Organic soybeans
- Nexsoy® Low-Fat High Protein Dispersibility (50 PDI)
- Nexsoy® Low-Fat Extra High Fiber Soy Flour
Nexsoy® Soy Flours are 100-mesh. Extra fine mesh is also available.
Packaged in 40# bags and industrial totes.